Tuesday, May 10, 2016

What's new under my needles?


Sisterly Love!   

My sister, Barb Squire, and I are working on her quilt together.  She embroidered  all of the white squares and I am putting it together and quilting it.  I left the piecing simple because I want the embroidery to pop.  I will be purchasing wool batting to make sure it happens.  It will be a little bigger than a queen with a drop, just in case it gets passed down to someone with a kingsize bed.  We plan on entering it into the Wood Country Fair Grounds.  I have pieced it with my 780 B Bernina Sewing Machine and it will be quilted with some traditional feathers and echo quilting on my Sweet Sixteen Handiquilter.  






How special is the sissy quilt!  


 The quilt below is for myself.  It is greys, browns and off whites large pieced roses.  It is a contemporary kingsize quilt.  It will be quilted with the rose like quilting with echo quilting around the large pieced roses so they pop.  Yes, I like think to pop and I like quilts to be soft and not too much quilting.  I hand based this quilt using Sharon Schamber method.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhwNylePFAA   My quilts get ruffed up alot and moved around between the time I finish the top and start to quilt, especially the kingsize ones.  Sometimes I wish I had a long arm and I could put it downstairs or rent one at my favorite quilt shops, but I don't want to spend that kind of money.  I do not want to make money just quilting.  Putting my tops together and designing them are the favorite thing I enjoy so much.


What is under your needle today?   I am sorry that these quilts are going to someone already, so they will not be in my Etsy Shop.  But please go to the website and see what is available. https://www.etsy.com/shop/justforyoutoo?ref=hdr_shop_menu      Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment